Sunday, February 6, 2022

Alone but not

 There is a grief I'm wading through.  I think that is the name of what has been alluding me.  Grief and stress.  To be honest, I try really hard not to think of myself.....I try to think and do for others, because that is where God has my heart.  But, Lord, oh how there are days, like today, I'm wrapped in grief and feeling the deepest need for solitude.  A break from the stress that has weighed on me for so long, not just as a special needs parent, but as a wife whose husband was injured and down for months, as a homemaker who has grown weary in the doing.  As a Nana who wants to be present for those babies I'm blessed with.  A mom who wants to be a role model for her daughters, a friend who is compassionate and loving. A servant who never tires in service to the King.  I cannot see how or when the break will come.  So, today I am praying that God will make a way.  He will show me the exact time and he will make it happen.  Physically and financially.  

There is a loneliness in the life a being a caregiver to my precious daughter.  Sometimes, I feel SO alone.  I just remind myself there are people praying...there are people praying. Just grasping on to the hope that there are people praying on our behalf.  Then the Lord whispers...in my spirit, you are not alone, I'm right here beside you.  

We need each other.  We need to come along side each other.  We need to.  I need you to, I need to.  When the Lord puts someone on your heart, shoot them a text, give them a call, send them a card.   DO something.  Meet a need.  Just reach out. You'll be blessed and I guarantee you'll bless the soul you touch.  

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your prayers. My older children do respite care for us, but both of their families have been dealing with COVID. They are also limited due to the fact that they have very young children. I'm not comfortable with a stranger in my home simply because Lillian is nonverbal. I need to pray for peace in that arena I guess...so grateful for your prayers. More than you know.

    ReplyDelete