Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Specialized blood test and Infusion

 We traveled to KY two days in a row.  Tuesday for a specialized blood test and today for her infusion.  Both procedures went well, they were able to get her with one stick both times.  Lillian seemed to experience a lot more pain with them this time.  I was very grateful she only had to get two sticks.  We are supposed to meet with her GI dr next week to have a check up and schedule her next scopes because as of now, she has been getting treatment for one year. It is time to see if she is in remission. That might have been a real milestone, I think, had the coming events not be in place.   That being said, in my last post I mentioned my husband and the fact that he was having a heart catheterization.  He did have it and the results were not what we hoped for.  All the chambers of his heart have high levels of blockage and currently the plan is that he will have open heart quadruple bypass surgery on Monday the 13th.  

This is incredibly overwhelming.  We are also supposed to meet with her blood dr to see about the results of the specialized blood test.  All of this will have to wait or can wait.  My brain can barely comprehend what is coming.  A road I would choose not to take, but I road we will travel nonetheless.  I continue to  put my hope and trust in the One who already knew this would happen.  I choose to be grateful that they found it before he had a massive heart attack and could not be saved. I choose not to think about what I can't control and pray for God to work it all out.  The surgery, the timing, the unknowns, the financial hardships...He's already working things out.   This is hard. Hard for everyone, his family, my family, our children.   So, so hard.  Keep us in your prayers.  Might be a hot minute before I'm back here.  


2 comments:

  1. Continue ions prayers for you you are Awarrior woman ABSOLUTELY 💯 🙏 ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Continued prayers from the Harbin family!🙏🙏🙏🙏🥰

    ReplyDelete