Saturday, December 19, 2020

Dental visit recap

Thursday, Lillian had her quarterly dental appointment.  It went terribly.  She was screaming, crying, fighting me, tell me "no tah" which means no talk.  After what seemed like FOREVER..much longer than it should have been, her hygienest looked at me and said, "this is the hardest time I've ever had cleaning her teeth." She said, "you know when you told me you had to fight her to brush her teeth?" I said, yes.  She said " I now understand what you meant".  I think, perhaps, she thought I was exaggerating.  I was not.After it was over, I said I needed medication and she said well, you don't have to fight her and I was said oh yes I do. I feel very shaken, physically...internally.  It's hard to put into words.


  Anyway, we left and decided we would grab some fast food before finishing the errands I had to do in town.  As we go in, Lillian has pulled off her mask .  She and her older sister are fussing about it and I haven't even had a chance to get it back on her and the lady behind the plexy glass is shoving a mask at me urgently, loudly telling me she needs a mask (which can be seen in Lillian's hand).  Without even thinking I barked at the woman that she had a mask, she has special needs and then proceeded to replace the mask, take a breath and place our order.  When we sat down, I felt regret.  I didn't mean to sound snippy, but I'm sure I did.  Not only was I still in recovery mode from the dentist, I was probably a little hangry, and if you read my last post, you know I'm not in a great mental state. So, lady in LJS, if you happen to read this, I'm sorry.  It wasn't you,  it was me and I'm sorry.  I hope my extra kindness after our initial meeting showed you I'm not an evil hearted person. Ironically, she served us our drinks, us unmasked at a table, no plexy glass, closer than when we arrived at the counter. Think about that for a minute...


She will see her pulmonologist this week for a routine visit and she's due for her cardiologist as well.  I expect nothing new.  Dr. Pulmo will probably be my last post before Christmas.  



2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you're going through this. I wish I could write words that would make everything a little easier for you. I will continue to think about you and Lillian and keep you lifted in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantasy Power11 is an online cricket app. You can play fantasy cricket games and other games on the app. If you are a
    cricket fan and love to read articles related to it, you will also love this live cricket online app.
    The app is available for Android and is one of the best cricket games for Android. You can play cricket online on the app.
    cricket games online

    ReplyDelete