Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Updates

 We saw the pediatric gynecologist today.  She also had an ultrasound prior to the visit, in which I went to the complete opposite end of the complex and office and had to drive to the other side and then we were late....I digress, she was pleased with the ultrasound and said  her organs looked really good.  (We don't hear that too often) She would like to divert to the orthopedic and endocrinologist in regard to how they feel about continuing depo shots.  At this point, she will get another depo shot at the end of the month and we will see the new docs in the coming weeks.  There were a lot of I don't know the answer to those questions because Lillian is not a "typical child"  in size or in all her specific medical issues.  Bottom line, no IUD for the time.  

I'll interrupt here to tell you that this is possibly the first time in almost 16 years that I forgot to grab her feeding supplies and didn't remember that I forgot until we parked in KY. There's some MOTY status, right there folks.  I like to stay on top, you know.  Back to our regularly scheduled update....


We got to her blood draw appointment and the tech asked me if they gave me a kit.  I'm like, a kit?  No, no kit.  My brain said here we go.  Apparently, the Dr Gut put in a order for stool samples and I needed a kit to collect and bring them back within 24 hours.  After some conversation, we decided to try to get one while we were there and she was like "oh no I don't collect it"....poor new girl...LOL They stuck her 3 times before they got the draw and then she was able to give me a large thick liquid stool which was so delightful to dispense into tiny containers with a tongue depressor.

  Don't hate me for my glamorous life, y'all.  

All in all, a good appointment today.  I felt relieved.  I dreaded this visit, and it turned out mostly positive.  I *hope* this blood work gives us some definitive answers.  Her next infusion is the 28th and we see the hematologist as well.  Thank you so much for your prayers and support.  They are needed and they are felt.  

4 comments: