Monday, December 19, 2022

Influenza A

 In the early morning hours of Sunday, Lillian spiked a high fever. She woke me in the bathroom gagging.  Gagging and vomiting have always been a tell of a fever for her.  Sunday, she was miserable.  Unable to swallow, wretching, and nonstop fever. This has continued all through the day and night and into today.  After contact with our pediatrician, I got her in to see him this morning.  She tested positive for Influenza A , negative for Covid and possibly strep throat.  The rapid test for strep was negative, but her throat looked very bad.  She is in the window for tamiflu, so the race was on to find somewhere who had it.  I will save you the details of how long it took to get it and the difficulty it involved, but we remained in Columbus for some time before we got the meds.  After I initially dropped off the scripts, I ran to a drive thru to grab lunch as it was approaching 1pm.  I pulled over into a parking lot and tears overtook me.  Fatigue + my miserable girl  = crying in a parking lot.  I parked the car and praying a turned up the radio.  I had turned on KLOVE even thought I'd been listening to an all Christmas station since Thanksgiving.  The song on was Gratitude by Brandon Lake.  One of my favorites.  Next, Raise a Halleluiah...another great one...song after song seemingly curated for me by my creator at that very moment.   My family and friends are moving mountains in prayer and dinner is being provided today and tomorrow.  


I started to speak the blessings . He is near, He knows it all and He is Worthy of it all.  Our Christmas might look a little different this year.  That's ok.  We will praise Him in the storm and be grateful.

1 comment:

  1. Love and prayers for you and your sweet family🙏🙏Betty Harbin

    ReplyDelete