Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Influenza Day 4

 Nights are rough, days are rough. Asthma is in full swing, which for her means coughing until she can't breathe. Fevers are still raging.  I  gagged and dry heaved this morning simply because her harsh gagging started me gagging, ;which led to other unpleasantness that I'll spare you the details of.   I am throwing EVERYTHING at her.  Oils, meds, more oils, more meds, prayer, prayer, more prayer, pleading prayers, crying prayers.   She's begged me to take her to the hospital.   Crushing.  Guess what, being home is just as exhausting as being in the hospital, my couch is just as hard in places as the pleather beds...HA! I am grateful to be home, though.  My shower is far overdue, but I can't leave her long enough to do so, because of all the constant snot and wretching. ( I sleep some when Matt gets home) I'm keeping notes of med times on the bathroom mirror because in my fatigue, I can no longer keep track of times.  Food in the house is sparse and I mean sparse because I haven't been to the grocery store.  We do have bread and milk and peanut butter and some very gracious church family are bringing us meals this week at supper time.  I've set an alarm on Alexa so I can give each of her meds spread out so that I can then give her her first feed. At least 3 friends called yesterday and prayed with me. 

 Thank you for your continued prayers and support.  There's my timer, time to medicate.

No comments:

Post a Comment