Friday, May 26, 2023

How is she doing and GI update

 While Lillian has improved, she is continuing to struggle with feedings and retching.  We are back to only pedialyte and she is still not feeling or acting the best.  We saw her GI doctor today.  He ran blood tests, did an abdominal film, he wants stool studies, and a urinalysis.  The stool samples and UA will have to be done here. 

He ordered meds for abdominal pain, a new stomach medication, and more antinausea meds.  Based on my limited knowledge, it appears her blood tests are fairly normal...but I'm no doctor.  Still waiting for his feedback.  I don't know about the film because their computer system got hacked and so there are issues there.  

There was no discussion about further scopes.  

I was trying really hard not to be tearful, and I was doing well. Then he asked me about something and I said to be honest there's been a lot going on in my house and he said like what.....well, that's when I cracked.  My mom chipped in about Matt's surgery but as most of you know there have been many other stressful issues in the house over the past several months.  

I want her to be well.  That is all.  Unfortunately, the fact that she is medically complex makes things so much more complicated.   

Having answers is hard.  Not having answers is hard.  I'm tired.  It was a long day.  

This could be stress, this could be her period, this could be a Crohn's agitation...this could be kidney/bladder driven.  This could be an intestinal infection brewing. So many questions unanswered.  That is where we are.  

No comments:

Post a Comment