Friday, May 5, 2023

Infusion update

 Not much to say except the infusion went well aside from needing more than one stick to get her IV.  The nurse really dug around trying to make the first stick successful. It amazes me that even with the use of a vein finder shining right on the vein, they still couldn't get it.  The second stick was a quick success causing quite a mess, but at least they got it.  I pray they whole time they are going in for a poke.  Next week she sees a new doctor in our ever growing list and then she follows up with her pulmonologist the next day.  

In other news, we were supposed to have had a ramp and rails built onto our house at least two years ago.  That, for a number of ridiculous reasons, has not occurred.  When Matt had his open heart we desperately needed that ramp.  After Matt went through therapy (and still is) he was able to manage getting into the house with the rails and bars a very generous family member installed.  The local Lion's club got involved in volunteering to install a ramp.  Once Matt was home, I told them that while a ramp would still be useful, I didn't want to take away from a family that was more in need.  Present day, I get a message from the builder of the ramp stating a what they are able to do.  In the mean time, since Matt has been home our sewer line completely occluded with tree roots and to be dug out and replaced. A huge expense that we had to take a loan out to afford to have done.  Now, here's where it gets really good.  Had that ramp been built prior to Matt's homecoming, it would have been destroyed in order for the sewer to be fixed.  So, while I'm sick over the sewer expense...I grateful that God is in control and already knew that ramp could not be installed at that time.  

I know my last post probably sounded jumbled and messy, but that is how life is sometimes.  But, God.  Matt has been out of work with no pay for almost 8 weeks.  But, God. I was led to Acts 12 in my reading yesterday and was quickly reminded to pray, to believe what I pray that he will answer, AND be grateful when the answer does come.  

No comments:

Post a Comment