Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Sometimes it just feels like this

 In the Shallows

In the shallows so long, forgetting what's wrong. 

The tide rolls in, the tide rolls out.

My head above water, the waves calmly go.


It's a manageable place, then the waves start to race.

I'm farther from shore, in the shallows no more.

The waves..they get bigger, they grow and grow.


The sun is still out, those on the shore continue about.

Nothing is different for those on the sand.

They wade in the shallows, they don't seem to know.


I see, in the distance, another soul with persistence.

Their wave's a bit different, also unseen, unexpected.

We'll get back to the shallows, but, when, we don't know.


I think I might sink, the waves get bigger with each blink.

My breath harder to catch in the ocean I'm given.

Hard to forget about all of the sorrow.


Time seems to still as I gasp and spill.

To the others around me, I'm just out for a swim.

I need back in the shallows. I need a tow.


I try to hold fast to He, the ONE who holds me.

The waves dying down, my breath easy now.

In the waves, in the shallows, He IS where I go.


November 9, 2021 written by me.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. I don't usually even read poetry, but I did read this. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment and stopping by.

      Delete