Sunday, May 19, 2013

What a week

Good grief, poor Lillian has had such a rough week going on a week and half.  A week ago friday, I spent the weekend doing round the clock treatments and she battled a stomach bug on top of that.  It seemed by Wednesday she was over the hump and I took her to therapy.  By that evening she seemed to decline, laying around...very whiney, SO not her norm.  I kept her home from school and therapy the next day hoping some extra sleep would do her good.  By Thursday night, she'd been asleep about an hour and projectile vomiting ensued along with a raging fever that nothing I gave her would break.  She spent the entire night vomiting roughly every 20-25 minutes and I had her on ice and was doing anything I could think of to keep her fever down.  I took her in to the pediatrician Friday and he thought it was likely viral.  She continued to run a fever and vomit most of the day Friday and on into Saturday. She had a small window Saturday of looking/acting better, but it quickly closed and she began to puke and be puny again.  Today, she seems much better.  I'm hoping she is over it.  I'm praying I don't get whatever it was...as I did get what she had earlier that week.  I have felt pretty well exhausted and generally bleck....but it has been a rough week.


No comments:

Post a Comment