Monday, May 9, 2022

Remicade #4

 Lillian had her fourth infusion with no complications.  She did develop a rash, which the dr. gut said was not a result of her infusion.  It lasted about a week, so we shall see what happens in June.

Her hgb level did drop quite a bit over the last two months, and her cycles resumed in March, which I *thought* was a positive sign that her body was getting back to normal.  (do you feel the but coming?) Without going into great detail, my angst over cycle suppression was quickly reversed. Her body cannot withstand the level of blood loss she is experiencing and her labs confirm that.  After we get her blood clot/bleeding test results back we will most likely begin another new medication to stop this from happening.   These last six months have really been a challenge for me in making decisions about her care.  It is stressful to constantly be examining her bowel movements and her behaviors.  Now adding medications that I never wanted to do.  There's a constant weighing of the risk vs benefits.  

She had another dental appointment, she goes quarterly.  She went back by herself again and did great.  I'm telling you, I can scarcely believe it, but what a huge blessing and big milestone for her.  I no longer feel the need for xanax after her appointments...just kidding, (not really.. never got any, but felt I needed it HA!)

She had a blood draw today that didn't go well, but they eventually got it and we were all relieved.  

She follows up with dr gut next week. It's been a busy month, with no end in sight.  I continue to count my blessings. Keep us in your prayers.  

3 comments:

  1. You are the strongest mom I know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She really is! I can't imagine!

      Delete
  2. That's great that she's able to have dental work done by herself. But my goodness, what a journey you're on.

    ReplyDelete