Friday, November 25, 2022

Sweet 16

 Happy Birthday sweet Lillian. Happy sweet 16. I'm not sure how 16 years have gone by.  They surely did not pass quickly, but they have passed.  This past year has been full of new challenges for Lillian's health.  A new chronic illness, multiple hospitalizations, another broken bone....highlights you don't intend to chronicle, but the highlights that are.  

I cannot say, "I can't believe it, or I can't believe she's 16"  (only for the same reasons that my other children have had the milestones of growing up as well)  Not every parent is afforded this gift.  For this child I prayed and the Lord has extended her life well beyond the years we were told by doctors.  I will rejoice and be glad.  I will not look to the past struggles, but to praise God for his mercies in all of them.  I will look forward to the years to come. I will continue to pray for her health and well being.  I will be grateful she is standing here, rubbing her head on mine, meowing like a cat.  HA!  (mind you, she's not a fan of real cats)  I will rejoice in the fact, that the Lord in his wonderful love, uses her life to draw me closer and closer to Him and the understanding of where true joy is.  Not in my circumstances, but in Him.  

She wants to go to Chili's for a late lunch with her sisters, so we will.  We will celebrate on Sunday with family and cake.  

I wanted to make a big celebration today with everyone that would want to be with us, but given health concerns, it will not happen.  She won't know the difference and she will LOVE every minute of the days to come.  


5 comments:

  1. Praying for you still and A shout for the birthday girl ,praise God for whom all blessings flow...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers continue for you and your sweet family! Wishing Lillian a very Happy Birthday!๐ŸŽ‚๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽˆ๐Ÿฅฐ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From Betty and Jack Harbin๐Ÿ‘

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday sweet Lillian

    ReplyDelete
  4. She draws me closer to Jesus as well!! What a gift He has given us all through Lill’s love. Happy Happy Birthday Lillian!!!

    ReplyDelete