Monday, April 8, 2024

Cancelled appointment, Infusion, Is anyone among you in trouble...the cough and snot express

 I know the title is a bit of a ramble but stay with me. HA!  Let's start with the cough and snot express.  For over a week and a half Lillian has battled a nasty sinus infection, which inflames her asthma, which requires more treatments.  Today, she is slightly improved, and by that I mean I have not needed to give her round the clock mucinex.  We tried to take a walk today and about 10 minutes in her coughing was so bad we had to stop at my daughter's house and have another daughter take us home.(after baby snuggles, of course).  In light of her feeling so crappy, I canceled her one year appointment with the hematologist.  It is already rescheduled, so that lies ahead.  She had her infusion, where they put us in isolation because of her copious drainage. ( the team still wanted her to have her infusion).  I wish every infusion ran so smoothly.  One IV stick.  Everything flows so well, but man it makes for a LOOONNNGGG day.  It doesn't help that sleep has been pretty sketchy with the CASE.  (figure that out? See title) I'm tired.  Can you tell? A little punchy, I might be. 

So this morning, I called in her inhaled steroid for refills, as we ran out over the weekend and they don't deliver on the weekend anyway since we now have to get her Pulmicort from UofL pharmacy.   The very nice lady calls me back and tells me it's being rejected by insurance.  I was literally sitting at the table spending time in my Bible and study and I was reading this scripture when she called me with this information, "Is anyone among you in trouble? Let them pray." Now that is only a portion of James 4:13-15.  Not to get too lengthy, but I struggle with growing short with people when things are constantly a problem.  I just kept laughter in my voice (we've gotten this med from the same pharmacy for the past two months no issue) and in the back of my mind kept thinking the Lord is going to work this out.  I prayed because I was in trouble.  She needs that medicine.  The girl put me on hold for over 20 minutes and as I attempting to place Lillian on her vest and breathing treatment, my cheek hung up the phone.  Now, no one called back most of the day.  I check my email and this girl has emailed me to say everything is fine and the meds will be here Wednesday.  

I recently, tearfully shared with a friend that I feel like I'm having a harder time handling all the things.  I don't know if it's aging, discouragement, lack of sleep, financial hardship, medical hardship or just all of it.  All I do know, this life is temporary. My struggles hopefully help to bring forth the kingdom principles. Because we know that all things work together for good to those who love the Lord and are called according to his purpose.  Romans 8:28 He knows tomorrow.  I don't.  He's the provider, I am not.  He is the healer.  I'll keep my eyes on him and try not to look at all that other stuff.  

No comments:

Post a Comment