Thursday, September 12, 2024

Immunologist

 Today Lillian saw a new dr for Immunology.  They are going to run some blood work at her next infusion, to check and see if she might have the CVID.  It will likely turn into this coming blood draw on the 18th, and addtional blood draw 8 weeks from then to coinside with her Remicade infusions.  If, they determine she has this, they can start her on IVIG infusions to help build her antibodies.  It would be tricky with the remicade, but she says it can be done.

I'm tired.  TIRED.  It is such a long day driving down and back, home for 30 minutes or so and back to pick up.  And today, I almost got sideswiped by a box truck and a big pick up truck cut me off and almost hit me.  

There are times when I have done her bathroom duties so many times in the day and night, I just grow weary.  I'm grateful, but weary.  Today, for unknown reasons, I was struck with a grief wave that she will never fall in love or get married or have her own family.  It sounds stupid to even write, but it's true.  


In other news, our most recent granddaughter, now 5lbs from 1lb 5 oz, is still hospitalized, but miraculously has no serious complications.  Feedings are the issue, currently.  Our daughter is frustrated and ready to have her whole family home.  I know the feeling.  It's hard for me to watch others suffer.  It is especially hard to watch my children suffer. 

Our dinner calls for me attention.  

Hab. 1:7 The Lord is good, a strong refuge when trouble comes. He is close to those who trust in Him.  

2 comments:

  1. just a hug and a prayer no words except be encouraged, God is trusting you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you, Michelle. You are the very best friend I have here. You minister good works and prayer to me when you are hurting. I'm reminded of the widow's mitre.

    Always praying for you, that your trials turn to gold,
    Pooh

    ReplyDelete