Thursday, March 11, 2010

News

Sorta news anyway. I had a call out to the surgeon and hadn't heard back, so I called again today. Apparently, Lillian's ENT is out of town til Tuesday and they will call me Tuesday to set a date for the new surgery. Thankfully, we will not have to be seen in her office prior to the surgery date. I was just looking at her picture on the page and remembering how I felt at that moment. To look her and realize how seemingly chubby and perfect she looked, yet so many things were going so very wrong in her tiny body. It has been a difficult week here, for me personally. One of Bethany's classmate friends lost his eight year old brother to cancer over the weekend and a friend from my former church gave birth to her baby that had passed into the Father's arms on the same day. One of my close friends is struggling quite a bit and I want to help her and be there for her, but I'm not a very good comforter because I just find myself weeping right along. Lillian had a puking episode today and that just about does me in. It frustrates me and I know it is so unpleasant for her. I can be so grateful and so irritated all at the same time....ugh. I got information from our speech path regarding feeding tubes...did you know that tube fed kids are more apt to have reflux??? I know she gave me the information so I could be more informed and I was happy to receive it, but then after I read it, I wondered how in the world she'll ever have a positive eating experience. Rough week. Looking forward to spring break.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that everyone is going through so much. It's hard to make sense of all of it sometimes. Keep us posted on when Lillian's surgery will be. Hugs and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you really have had a rough week. I hope that the weekend gets better for you, and please keep us updated on her surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. there have been many times when I've been grateful and grumpy at the same time. Its easy with these kids! How come they didn't close the stoma when they took the trach out? They should have known it wouldn't close on its own, its a surgical opening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your week gets better friend! I think that grateful and grumpy go hand-in-hand, unfortunately! At least you are remembering to be grateful too! Hang in there! Love and Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete