Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Did I say this chapter closed??

Well open up the book again. This morning met us with surprising news, remember how I said it looked weird? Her trachea has reopened and that stuff I thought was stitches is not, it is some reaction to scar tissue or the actual tracheal track we are seeing through the skin. They rescheduled her for surgery in two weeks. We then headed over to the plastic surgeon who said her palate looked great, but he would like to be available to jump into the surgery if needed to do a graft to make a more permanent closure. That would push the date out a little farther. He also said we may need to consider that this may just remain open. OMW. A lot to swallow. I'm giving the short version here bc we are back on our way out...so there it is. I'll try to give more explanation later. Gotta run. I'm sure this evening will be difficult when I am letting things soak in...but what can I do but stay on the ride. My sweet girl.

2 comments:

  1. So Sorry! Praying things get taken care of! Love and Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, so I don't know what happened, but I meant to comment on this last week and I failed! Sorry!

    I can't believe this is happening to your sweet Lillian. Not fair. Shouldn't it be enough that she has had to live with a trach all these years? Why does it always have to be so complicated? I am praying for you and Lillian, that things are able to be sewn up for good, and you can both move on with your lives. Hugs to you friend.

    Thanks for your love, support, encouragement and sense of humor. I love NutJim!

    ReplyDelete