Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Feels like smacking into a wall over and over and over...

I'm sorry everyone, I try...I mean I desperately try and do for the most part stay positive about most everything.  Relatively speaking.  But here I am awake way before necessary because I'm plagued by irritation.  Once again, I'm left grasping at straws as I seek medical advice from those "guiding" Lillian's care.  I have been waiting since Thursday to hear back from her pediatrician in regards to this whole therapy situation. Well.....yesterday I get a phone call from one of the nursing staff letting me know that "speech therapy has sent them a recert to continue therapy...so everything is set for her to continue with therapy"

HELLO???  Do these people even LISTEN?  Do they HEAR me?  I told her that I was aware they were getting her recert because I've already told them I won't take a break at this point in time.  I REexplain to her the situation and she goes on to tell me it's my choice.  ARE YOU KIDDING ME???  I go on to let her know that I"m aware that it's OUR choice whether or not to take a break, and that I'm NOT asking the DR to "gang" up on the therapists with me.  What I'm seeking is medical guidance from the professionals in charge of her care.  Is this a difficult concept?  Am I the one missing something here?  Once again....it's fully laid on MY shoulders....there is NO medical advice given except.."oh he signed the papers, you're good to go".

Hear that pounding sound?  That's my head against the wall.

Seriously, waving the white flag...throwing in the towel....I'm so frustrated.  I think I told her that her phone call was no help at all.  I was totally exasperated by the end of the conversation.

Sometimes...it seems to me that THEY see a child with a very limited potential... that she is so delayed that it doesn't matter if she regresses.  It feels like they are saying it just doesn't matter.  Perhaps my expectations are just unrealistic?

There are so many type-o's in this post, I gave up trying to correct them as I went.....

Just another day in the life....

No comments:

Post a Comment