Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Wow is all I can say

I recently spoke the words, "I cannot in my brain conceive that Lillian will be able to use the bathroom on her own".  Starting Monday, I took off her nighttime diaper and purposed to take her the the bathroom every 20 minutes.  I did.  She did fairly well, until evening and our friend miralax hit her.  She tried really hard, but for most of the evening she struggled.  I did not give her miralax yesterday and we only had two accidents.  Today...she is doing phenomenal.  She just now went and had a bowel movement on her potty seat.  I'm telling you I'm sitting her in stunned amazement.  It almost brings me to tears.  The only real problem we have??  She's so tiny, even the smallest underwear I can find are huge on her and are bugging her to death.  I'm totally amazed and feeling extremely blessed.  It's still hard for me to fathom that I will likely not need to buy diapers for her anymore.

Homeschooling is going pretty good.  She is interested and engaged once I get her settled down enough to focus.  Much to my surprise, I'm able to incorporate speech and OT activities into most of our day.  The bigger girls are helping with PT activities and I'm very pleased with how that worked out.  I was so worried I'd be a miserable failure at trying all of this, but by the grace of God...it seems we are thriving.  The only real problem, our cable has been acting up which is knocking out my internet which is a huge obstacle.  Hopefully that will be resolved today.  I do find that I need to really set aside time for planning out the whole week and get things printed, just so I feel more prepared.

Getting in the feeding stuff is a little more difficult...but I'm working on it.

Health wise, she is still struggling with this ear infection that threw her into a two week respiratory issue.  She is better, but still lots of gunk coming out of the ear.

She continues to show love and excitement about her baby brother who will soon join our family.  It seems so many huge milestones are hitting our family all at once...big, huge significant ones...oldest child licensed and driving her own car, baby coming, potty training....feels like such a sweet spot in our life, even with all the negative things that have recently happened.  God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment