Wednesday, June 17, 2015

How a bathing suit brought me to tears

So, you heard someone weeping in the dressing rooms?  That could've been me.  You thought to yourself, well, gosh I know bathing suits are not my favorite thing to try on either...but crying???

You see, I was in there with my 8 year old daughter.  She's only 35 pounds or so.  Since her body doesn't grow in the way that it should, her body just doesn't fit into clothing properly.  Of course, seeing her undressed always tugs at my heart, as I can see almost every bone protruding through her skin.  It causes me to wonder what keeps her from having broken bones every time she falls? Anyway, as I put one bathing suit on her and it was too big, I moved on to the next which was too small.  No matter the size, nothing seemed to fit on her.  One pieces, bikinis, tankinis...it was just becoming crazy. We tried EVERY single style of suit they had on the rack  I felt the tears coming on.  I tried to hold them back...as I hollered out to my husband, "I don't know what we're going to do...nothing fits her"

And then, a moment of clarity...well, maybe I can buy two sizes of the same two piece suit.  Of course, the most expensive one is the only one that semi- worked.  The bottoms were fours, but they still gape around her tiny thighs.

Clothes have always been an issue for our Lillian, but for some reason, the bathing suit drama just got the best of me.

So, half an hour later, two swim suits in hand, roughly thirty dollars poorer...(LOL) we left with a semi-fitted bathing suit.

And that's how a bathing suit brought me to tears.   Things are not always as they seem.

No comments:

Post a Comment