Tuesday, August 2, 2016

First dentist appointment

Yes, my daughter is almost 10 and she's never been to the dentist.  Judge me...it's ok,  For those not following along, Lillian has had LOTS of negative stimulus to her mouth, multiple surgeries....not to mention ALL her medical problems, dentist was just not at the top of the priority list. Of course, today, looking back I think not a great decision, but hey I'm doing the best I can.

First off, I really liked the dentist, she was very sweet and really wonderful.  Secondly, she was very accomodating to Lillian's needs.  They are allowing us to come in during winter hours on a day when she doesn't see patients so we can avoid germs. Woo hoo for that.  Today, the ONLY thing she was able to accomplish was to count her teeth and let me tell you, it was stressful.  Screaming bloody murder from the time they called her name back.  PS- you wouldn't believe by looking at Lillian how strong she can be when being held down.  When all was said and done I was left trembling myself.

So, we are going to go back next month and see if they can brush her teeth.  There were no real concerns as far as cavities go and she has some overlapping teeth, but she says not to worry about them.

We're home now, I'm still feeling a little ick...I just hate that she is so terrified and I don't even know what to do to help her get past it.  Bleck.  We go back in september for another visit..

No comments:

Post a Comment