Saturday, August 20, 2016

New Seasons

Boy, this life of mine just keep shifting and it's a lot to adjust to.  Wednesday, we took daughter number 2 to college.  Matt planned to take thursday and friday off, which turned out to be a very wise decision...more on that later. Anyway, this trip was so much easier then when we took daughter number one.  We had no babies/toddlers with us which meant fewer stops and less drama.  (when we took Bethany, Ezekiel was a baby, hated the car seat, and was breast feeding, did not make for a fun trip) The down side to not having babies, less distraction.  So, I cried a bit on the way there and cried a lot on the way home.  It's that last hug...breaks me.  As I felt her hair blow across my face, I'm wondering how in the world did her life go by so quickly.  My mind is transported to her birth and the last 18 years of her life.  I know, this is how it should be.  I am proud that she is where she is but it does break my tender heart at times.  That being said, I woke up that morning with searing pain in my nose...by the time we arrived home not only was I full blown miserable, Matt was also running a fever and aching all over.  These last three days have left us sick, in bed, doing the bare minimum to get through each day.  Today, daughter number one left to head back to school and it is strangely quieter here as we all adjust to less in the house.  It's funny, Lillian and Ezekiel don't seem to notice a difference, but Isabelle and Madeline are missing their sisters.  I pray tomorrow leaves us both feeling much better and that the littles don't get sick/sicker than they are.  Ezekiel has swollen lymph nodes all up his neck and head and Lillian has been coughing and dripping since Monday I think.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! So sorry it's been such a rough time. I hope things begin to improve soon!

    ReplyDelete