Thursday, November 17, 2016

Quick Cardiology Update

Lillian had an appointment with her cardiologist today, a few months earlier than planned.  We had noticed some color changes in her legs and feet with increased activity and it caused concern.  First off, I asked for prayer on facebook because her anxiety is just off the grid...just the mere mention of a doctor appointment throws her in to tears and there seems to be no talking to her.  I was attempting to explain the apppointment to her in hopes of making things easier..but that just doesn't work for her.  It just makes things worse.

We arrived and I put some peace and calming ii essential oil on her wrists and we went in.She started to cry as we were taken into a room but quickly calmed as I had her taking deep breaths (where I placed the oil) and friends, I know, I just know the peace of God was over her.  She got a little upset when we moved on to the next test, but mostly laughed nervously after a few tears and kept asking if he was done and that test went smoothly as well.

The cardiologist told me that her PFO now appeared to be closed and she had a great looking heart.  He said, "her heart history is just that, the doctors fixed her heart and if you didn't know what you were looking for, you might be able to get it by some other doctors"

This is the BEST appointment I've ever experienced with Lillian.  We will, of course, have to continue seeing them every two years to make sure her coarc repair is growing with her body, but friends, I had to hold back the tears as I praised God for such an amazing report.  PRAISE be to GOD almighty!!

The problems she is experiencing will likely continue and we will have to watch her closely for dizziness and faintness when she is more active.

Thank you all for your continued prayers for this little warrior!!

No comments:

Post a Comment