Monday, February 21, 2011

A new first for Lillian

I think today actually marks the first time Lillian has ever been at attendance to a doctor's appointment that wasn't her own. She would freak out at each new process the girls were going through and when the doctor came in...whoa--- look out! She was in total panic. I kept telling her, "it's not for you, it's for Isabelle and Madeline" that would settle her until the next new person sauntered in. When the nurse brought in Isabelle's shots, I thought she was going to climb inside my clothes...I giggle about it in my mind, but since she's never experienced any other doctor visits but her own, I'm not surprised. I was not at all happy to be taking her along. I hate having her in a waiting room. HELLO germ city and let's not even talk about the toy factor. I'd also like to say, if your child is sick...a. why are you letting them approach and be close to other kids?? b. and if they are healthy but there with you, why are you letting them approach sick kids?? c. how do you politely ask a stranger to get their kid away from your kid you don't want sick? Seriously, is this just a warp of my mind, or don't normal people consider these things. I puke in my throat when I see people in a doctor's office pick their baby toys off the floor and give them back to the baby without even wiping them off...can you say eeeeewwwwwwwwww? Gag, would you let your gum fall on the floor and put it back in your mouth? I think not, but why do people do that with a toy or pacifier that is going straight to their kids' mouths? GAG ME.

Ok, off my soap box. Lillian is still coughing a bit and lost a whole pound in the ordeal but I hope she is on the recovery. Her right ear has continued to bleed off and on. Her 3T's were just starting to stay on sort of and now I am having to pin all of them. Does anyone else with chromo kids have problems with feedings such as volume and speed issues. I can't seem to push her beyond the point of 150 mls over and hour. I can't increase her total, nor can I speed her up, no matter how much I try. Wonder if this will be something we will always have to deal with. *sighs*

It is a rainy, cold, dreary day and my attitude is matching for the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment