Monday, September 19, 2011

There are things

in this life that I will NEVER comprehend.  I spent this day in prayer for a friend who found her five month old baby in his bed this morning, not breathing.  A perfect, healthy boy.  He sits in the arms of Jesus as I type this.  I sat in a prayer meeting this evening wanting to cry out, I don't understand...I wanted to wail in the unfairness, that this young mother, will have to bury her son.  Her one and only son. Her first and only child.  I still find myself constantly wondering why this had to happen.  How can I comfort this family?  I find myself in tears, wishing things were different.  I opened my bible to do my evening bible study, the first section asked me to memorize a passage in Daniel.  The first verse was so impactful...v 20"Let the name of God be blessed forever and ever.  For wisdom and power belong to Him" v 22 'It is He who reveals the profound and hidden things, He knows what is in the darkness and the light dwells with Him." These verses are in Daniel chapter 2 as Daniel seeks God to give the King an interpretation of his dream.  I find some comfort in the words of Daniel.  Tonight, the Pastor read about Mary and Martha weeping for the death of Lazarus, telling Jesus if He had only been there, Lazarus would live, and the bible says, "Jesus wept".  I've wept, A LOT, today.  I weep for the loss of this precious boy.  I weep for the grief that must surely be engulfing my friend this night as she goes to her home.  The home that just the day before held the laughter of her son.  I weep because I want to KNOW.  I want to understand.  I weep and I pray. 

Isaiah 55:8-9 "For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways, declares the Lord.  For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts"

Romans 8:28 "And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose."

2 comments:

  1. You are so right, my friend.....there ARE things in this world that we will never comprehend. Things that make no sense. All I can do is trust.....that God has a plan and I don't need to know what it is.....I just need to believe in His love and grace. You are also right when you say that this precious little boy rests in Jesus' arms tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John 3:16 NASB

    "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

    ReplyDelete