Sunday, November 6, 2011

The 15th

Lillian has been recovering so slllllllloooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwlllllllyyyyyyy.  Let's see, did I already mention the "nurse" from dr lungs put her on a different antibiotic than he and I discussed?  Omnicef. Did I mention how she filled me in on the dangers of Lillian being on such a high dose antibiotic?  (levoquin) when I mention the name.  Since when do their opinions override the doctors?  Annoying.  I've had two doctors ok her being on that med, heck, if I looked at all the horrible side effects of all the massive drugs they've put her on, she'd have never gotten out of the NICU. 
 By this past Thursday, one of her ears had started to bleed.  My brain just doesn't comprehend how she gets sicker when she's on medicine to help her get well.  Frustration.  I have kept her out of therapy for the past week in order to maybe give her more rest.  Her surgery is now scheduled for the 15th.  Tomorrow, I have her IEP at school.  Dreading it all.  Doesn't help that my hormones are at their peak right now.  Just sayin.  Her disposition seems to have returned to normal, so at least we have that.  We gave her treatments every night for about a week and that seemed to make a huge difference in her nighttime cough.  Hopefully we will be good for surgery by next Tuesday and we can keep moving forward.  Going to be a fast week that will fly by me and I'll wonder where that time went. 

No comments:

Post a Comment